With so many new restaurants opening up, the focus is going away from good quality but towards other stuff. I was so happy to come across this new place which focuses on food quality first, while offering an amazing ambience and service as well. The place is located at Raghuvanshi Mills Compound, right above “Firki”.
Ambience: As the name suggests, the owner decided to recreate the Gymkhana Clubs by coming with this restaurant. The furniture has a classic touch reminding you of Gymkhana club with wooden furniture, chairs with backrests reminding you of classic club chairs and overall a nostalgic decor. The restaurant is huge with seating on 2 floors, making it spacious.
Food: I’ve always enjoyed food at my Gymkhana club for its simplicity and taste. Here, however, you have a wide variety to choose from – right from Club Food to Global cuisines as well. Here are some of my recommendations:
1. Tsubaki Flower Sushi Roll: A vegetarian sushi prepared with pressed rice stuffed with peppers, cream cheese and cucumbers in the shape of a flower. Amazing preparation indeed with even better presentation – notice the leaf made of wasabi and centre of the flower made of pink garlic. This was a 5/5 dish and I hogged onto it!
2. Spicy Corn Roll: Again a vegetarian sushi prepared with Asparagus, carrots and loaded with crispy corns in Chefs special sauce. A twist to the classic sushi preparations but great in taste!!
3. Grilled Cottage Cheese Baos: Two fluffy buns were stuffed with grilled Cottage Cheese, lettuce and cucumbers in lipsmacking Satay sauce. Each bite was sinful and delicious.
4. Kuber Kulchas: A wow mini version of Kulchas that were stuffed with cheese, garlic and green chillies and served steaming hot! An option of an appetizer instead of garlic breads, these can also be had with main course such as Butter chicken or butter paneer, etc.
5. Lajawab Shahi Paneer: A typical preparation of shahi paneer consisting of soft and tender paneer cubes cooked into a gravy made of tomato, rich with butter and making it Creamy indeed. This was lajawab indeed and very nostalgic!!
Desserts: Gynkhana 91 offers you an innovative variety of desserts – we tried their wasabi sandwich and classic hazelnut brownie with vanilla ice cream. Wasabi sandwich was brilliant – the flavour of wasabi was amazing to taste in an ice-cream while not overpowering and retaining the sweet taste. Awesome concept, well executed too. Hazelnut brownie din quite have the hazelnut taste to it and was more chocolatey. I love Chocolate so no cribbing there!
Service / Hospitality: The place is new and the servers are trained well but require more confidence. Quick service, polite staff and helpful manager making our experience truly awesome.
Overall, I would definitely visit this place again for its wide variety of cuisine to choose from. Hope to see you soon 🙂